View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 07:13 AM   #23
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
A few 'CONS' along the way with the Whipple 3.0 so far:
1. Whipple's Customer Service is Horrible (Dealer or Consumer). Even the dealers can't pick up the phone and get answers, as Whipple wants everything via email or talk to their sales rep. Luckily I have an inside contact that is somewhat responsive to my questions...
2. Bosch Coolant Pump is JUNK... spend $8k on a supercharger and Whipple provides a replacement of the Varimax to Bosch pump which is well sh**... comparing the Bosch pump to the Pierburg Coolant Pump is night and day... run time will tell if the Pierburg pump is the real deal. Thanks to Josh on the comparison chart- (Note: even the place I bought the Pierburg pump from laughed at me when I told him that I had a bosch pump that failed- that should tell you something.) Whipple wanted the dealer to BUY another Bosch pump that should be covered under warranty because it failed within 5 minutes of use? WTH??? speechless
3. Whipple should provide more options to buy on the lower pulley (and upper for that matter)... luckily the aftermarket has taken up this slack.

Overall, pleased so far with the build but more to come I am sure.