View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 08:58 AM   #35
Joker75

Drives: 18 LS/1LE V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Andrew View Post
Haha hey one day they’ll probably have V6 to V8 swap tutorials. The right shop could prob do it fairly simple as well as long as it’s tuned.
With the right knowledge, and skill, anything is possible. However, there is also a cost to each of those possibilities. If you look at the cost of purchasing the V8 engine, the new transmission, and all of the other necessary accesories, to make it work, you'd be into the swap significantly more than the difference in cost between a V6 and a V8. If you start looking at the amount of other systems that are integrated into the ECU, such as the stereo head unit, and the amount of re-wiring to actually make a V8 function in your car, it should be painfully obvious that the V6 to V6 swap would be a foolish idea.

Even going forced induction on my V6, appears to be almost a losing battle. I could have gotten a 1SS V8 for about 5k over what I paid for my 1LS/1LE. The Overkill supercharger kit would run me at least another 2k over that, and that doesn't include getting a custom tune.

Ultimately, it's your car and your money, so whatever you decide to throw your money at, is entirely up to you. Just realize the limitations, that there are limits to what you can accomplish with this car, and there are various costs to each of those options. It is up to you to do the research and decide which of those options are worth the cost. The amount of knowledge on this forum is priceless, but there are also others who sure talk a good game, but don't know their head from their rectum. Again, do your research, and don't just take everyone's word, without checking that they actually know what they are talking about.

Good luck with your journey and I hope you take advantage of the incredible resources here on this forum.
Joker75 is offline   Reply With Quote