View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 11:58 PM   #35
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
That's the issue. Ford takes a lot of shortcuts. They put a powerful engine in the Mustang and use a clunky China made tranny.

I had the automatic 2012 Mustang and very dependable. However it's quite clear Ford is cheap. The overall quality on the leather, unfinished dashboard, clunky, etc. Mechanically my car was outstanding but Ford takes a lot of shortcuts.

The Camaro overall is much higher quality.
Nah, I disagree with you on that. The stang M6 tranny isn’t the “best”, but a MGW shifter and a lighter clutch spring transformed the car. Never a creak, rattle or any other issue with mine. The paint was MUCH thicker / tougher than the Camaro’s, which come on…is a complete joke. I had cloth seats and they were MUCH better than the Camaro cloth seats. Panels lined up nice too, including the dash to doors, unlike Camaro. The sheet metal on the stang is thicker, most particularly at the hind quarters. Now, I could list a lot of ways the Camaro is better… but I’ll abbreviate, the big 3 - low end torque, better M6, and handling prowess.

Last edited by Chutzpah; 09-25-2021 at 12:23 AM.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote