View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 06:28 AM   #23
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
wnta1ss: all of the info was not available at the beginning. i've seen a lot of guys put 28" tires on their otherwise stock cars and barely go faster (your example). i was simply stating that a shorter tire is better for this particular setup. also, did you weigh the wheel/tire combo? hard to believe replacing a stock 20" wheel with a 17" drag wheel is only to drop 10 lb per side. maybe i'm using my wheels as comparison and they are heavier.
As far as weight, my old 17x10 Weld wheel that I was talking about with the MT tire was about ~52. Had not checked my stock SS 20x9.5 rears (split-spokes) with runflat 275s on, but had heard something like 62~64 for the 5-spoke wheels. That is why I said 20ish pounds, did not check mine stock so it's inexact. Have later checked my stock SS split-spoke 20x9.5 rear wheel with 275 PS4S tire and it was only ~58 like that. Obviously different wheels and different tires could change things, but I was talking about my specific change of stock split spoke/runflat to Weld 17/MT drag radial.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote