View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 09:04 PM   #329
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
And what you said is exactly why this is soo hilarious. The GT350R is "not a drag car, the gearing is not meant for that. Between the nature of the FPC and the gearing it's expected not to run Camaro supercar times"...yet it costs more and offers less. So the ZL1 is not made for the quarter mile either. Yet it beats the Shelby in the quarter, it beats the Shelby around the track, it has way more options, and it does and has all of that while costing less. So again, WTF is the purpose of the Shelby if it can't beat the cheaper ZL1 at anything and when the SS1LE can beat the non-R Shelby while keeping up with the GT350R at almost half the price? So at Ford's best they built a strictly track car and then Chevy built an even better track car that can also quarter mile the hell out of the Shelby and is fully optioned out for less. SMH. That is some hilarious shit.

I don't even think those will be much to worry about. I doubt Ford can put together a GT500 that will compete with the ZL1 while staying in the same price range. And that is if they even bring one out which I doubt.

The ignorance of your comment is that the person you're agreeing with called the ZL1 a "supercar"...and what exactly are you mocking me about? Oh right, that the Camaro "was made to compete against Ferraris and other SUPERCARS", lol!! In fact, most of your fellow Mustang nut-humpers are saying it's unfair to compare the ZL1 to the Shelby because the ZL1 is a supercar, lol!! Looks like all that competing with the best paid off for Chevy when the best that Ford has to offer is nothing in comparison. Chevy built a "supercar" that blows the Shelby away at everything including what the Shelby itself was built to do well.
Ford should have just used a turbocharged version of the Coyote in their GT 350. It's a better engine and now it revs to 7500 in the GT. I see them dropping the 350 by late spring to be honest.