View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 09:44 PM   #30
Camaro23$$

Drives: 2013 ZL1 & 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
5 year warranty on a 10 year old Z?

Insofar as voiding your warranty, you'll have to read it to know. Simple bolt ons is an obtuse phrase, as it could include pulleys, cat delete, etc.
Ya they gave it to me as part of the deal. IDK if its BS or not but It covers everything like a factory warranty supposedly. But I’m about to say eff it anyways lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckZL1 View Post
Get a buddy line them up and you will find out which is faster.

Just do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
To be more clear, you can change before the intake and after the manifold. A tune would as it overwrites the ECU. A CAI is fine. Cat back exhausts are usually a safe bet as well but some aftermarket warranty companies are pure thieves. You don’t have a factory warranty on a 10 year old car. Read it and if you have questions call them. Places like car shield or whatever they go by now try and deny everything. I work at a BMW dealer and the service writers HATE dealing with them.

Ok, thank you for the info. Its not a factory warranty but its not through the aftermarket places either. Its through the dealership and they explained it to me like it was just like a factory warranty but only through them meaning I have to take the car there for any issues. Not any other dealership. Only Autonation dealerships. Who knows. Maybe is BS like all the rest out there?

I read somewhere the exhausts on the ZL1’s were good stock and didn’t need to be changed. But headers yes.?

2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS, LS3, GPI SS1 Cam, GPI Cam Kit, LS9 Head Gasket, Upgraded Valley Cover, Upgraded Crank Bolt, Lifter Trays, CHE Trunnion Kit, BTR Platinum Valve Springs, GPI Hardened Push Rods, GPI Phase Limiter, Upgraded Lifters, Corsa Dual Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Headers.
Camaro23$$ is offline   Reply With Quote