View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 04:03 PM   #321
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdemon2ss View Post
New to the Camaro fam so first off let me say, my 17 2SS is my new baby. The bad news tough, I’ve had the car for almost 4 months now, took it into service at about 7k miles because it felt as though the entire car was rumbling when cruising at 65mph +. First time I took it in the did a fluid flush still no fix. Went back at about 7200 miles (as per service tech has to be driven 200 miles for fluids to settle in) and they had me road test the vehicle with the tech connected with his laptop while I drove. Tech said he felt it but did not see anything weird in the readings, everything seemed normal to him. Tech submitted paper work to GM, I started a claim with them and informed them its a known problem with GM A8 transmissions (as if they don’t already know this) and I got a phone call 2 days later saying they were going to put in a new torque converter. Picked up the car, tech says they put in a new torque converter and used new fluid to flush 3 times. I drove off the lot, got on the highway and it was apparent it was NOT gone. Called service center and they said I have to let the fluids settle in blah blah blah need to drive it for another 200miles or so....I’m 100miles in and it’s still not gone. Now it seems as if it’s more apparent but in lower speed, anything higher then 55mph and in 8th gear and it’s vibrating even more, it almost feels as if it’s coming from the pedal as well not just the whole car. Shifts are smoother, not harsh at all but the damn rumbling hasn’t gone away.
Any suggestions? Will GM replace the entire transmission? I mean at this point I’m not even sure where to go...

Jaystroh, they have to fluid flush first and then if it happens again it’s a TC swap, that seems to be the order. A lot of people on this forum have had it fixed with just a fluid flush so sometimes it works other times it’s just a TC swap. I would definitely call in GM and file a claim, take note of the number and keep it on file so you can present it to the service manager at shop, if anything it lets them know that you mean business.
When you describe the 3x fluid flush, you describe an older version of the TSB. Scroll back for the link to the latest one and look at that. It means changing to a new different fluid. See if they have done that.

EDIT: Here: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/attac...2&d=1582795395