View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 03:11 PM   #310
Paul_S

Drives: 2016 2SS
Second Time must of been the charm.

I originally posted on this thread 11-10-2018 and got the TQ flushed with the HP Fluid, reset and all was well for a while. This is my weekend car so it took some time to get miles on it but at ~3K miles later it came back, as prophesied.

This time I opened a Support Case with Chevy on 12/20/19 and took the car into the same local dealer on 1/07/20 as instructed by Chevy support. The transmission tech verified the TCC Solenoid Clutch was defective and "commanded" the shutter on & off. Chevy then authorized replacement of the torques converter, labor, HP fluids, etc, all under warranty after the records clearly showed the HP Fluid had been tried already.

Technicians Notes:

"Commanded TCC Solenoid Clutch on & off and verified shudder goes away"

"Contacted TAC and assistant advised to replace TQ due to damage already done from the non-updated transmission HP Fluid 9.90"

From what I have gathered speaking to the local shop, it seems that in my case the replacement was authorized because the corrected fluid was not in place on the original torque converter & damage had occurred to the TCC Solenoid Clutch. Even though the original TQ has been flushed with the HP Fluid it seems that attempt was too little too late.

Now that a new TQ has been installed along with the correct HP fluid I assume Chevy hopes that this is permanent fix and the problem does not return.

Just thought I'd give everyone an update, thanks.
Paul_S is offline   Reply With Quote