View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 08:24 AM   #8
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
This is a cool post. Thank you for the info.

That being said, the Z28 and GT350R are two completely different animals.

The Z28's engineering feat was taking a big, heavy, relatively mediocre Camaro platform and turning it into a track monster by stripping it down. As a result, while the Z28 puts down great track numbers, its usability has been drastically reduced. It is a rough, basic stripper car.

Ford built an entire vehicle from the ground up. As a result, the GT350R will put down Z28 numbers - probably better numbers - while maintaining creature comforts and daily usability.

You can daily drive a GT350R in perfect comfort if you want to. You can't really do that with a Z28. The GT350R's beauty in engineering is that it is a no-compromise machine whereas the entire Z28 platform was developed around compromises. While I respect the Z28, I would never buy one. I would truly love to own a GT350R. Hell, throw on a set of GMax AS-03's and I will drive it to work in 4 inches of snow. Those stats can't be reflected on a dyno. I am interested to see what GM will do with the Gen 6 Z28 now that they actually have a track oriented chassis.