View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 10:55 AM   #26
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Sure, Hotlap and I wlll get some ski-masks and a couple of flashlights, bust into GM headquarters, take pictures of all their plans with our cell phones, and post them here online. You don't happen to know where they keep this stuff do you? That would help us save some time tonight. (That's sarcasm for those who can't see the stupid look on my face.)

But seriously, here are some of the possibilities:

Thing 1: The only obvious Camaro missing from the Gen6 lineup is the Z/28. There are a couple of possibilities here:
a) There will be no Z/28 in the Gen6
b) We will get a Gen6 Z/28 with an existing engine (like the LT4 or LT5)
c) We will get a Gen6 Z/28 with a new engine (like a 5.5L DOHC N/A FPC making 550HP)
d) We get a Z28 that is more than an SS but less than a ZL1 (in performance and price).

Of all the options "a" seems most likely right now. But I am holding out hope for option "c". Okay, it's more like a pipe dream really.

Thing 2: When will any of the new engine family make it to the Camaro lineup?

I don't see any V8TT going into a Camaro until Gen7 at the earliest. UNLESS the new mid-engine 'vette sports a 5.5L DOHC FPC engine as the base engine, and a 5.5L DOHC TT as an upgrade. Then we may have a Gen6 Z/28 with the N/A version of the engine.

Since the rumor is that the Camaro refresh is going to be debuted at the NY auto show, we may see a Z/28 then as well. I doubt it though, because that would mean this particular engine would debut in a Camaro, which is not likely, OR they will debut the Z/28 along with the new mid-engine Covette at the same time (which I also doubt).

If I had to bet money, I would say no Gen6 Z/28 and we will see the new engine family in Camaro in Gen7.

But I would gladly lose that bet to be wrong...
I don't see GM doing a FPC engine. Brand jokes aside, look at the trouble Ford had with the 5.2 keeping it from vibrating itself to pieces before prodcution and look at the issues they seem to be having now. I don't see GM going even bigger for a FPC engine.

As far as the Z/28 possibilities: As of today 3/27/18 I say A and D are the most realistic options.

Option C I could see happening (- the FPC part) with the base engine from the mid engine vette. HOWEVER even though most around here like to say Corvette isn't protected anymore, I doubt an all new engine like that debuts in the Camaro first. How long has GM been rumored to be working on a mid engine vette? I simply don't see anything stealing any thunder from that vehicle whenever it appears.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote