View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 12:46 PM   #56
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deakins View Post
I think at the end of the day it's really pretty simple. Everyone likes the idea of a very fast "track animal" until they have to live with it and part with large sums of money for it. If you have $80,000 dollars to pay for a car that you trailer around to tracks all over America and only drive it at events awesome, good for you. However, you don't represent much if hardly any of the general buying population. Most will spend a good amount of time using their Camaro as a car. That means, spouses, children, friends, and coworkers end up spending time in the car and have some bearing on what is purchased. A car like the ZL1 can be justified and used everyday going to work, and can rock it out on the track. A car like the supposed Z/28 can certainly do well on the track...but let's be real here...it's not a very good CAR to operate everyday for the vast majority of the people who are in the market to buy it.

If cars don't sell, GM doesn't make money...and if they don't make money they can't make the car. Hence why, I hope we never see another Camaro with carbon ceramic matrix brakes on it...and for that matter...another resource sucking project using old dated technology (except for the dssv's) that doesn't advance anything for the Camaro line up.
This is well said. I will also add that I want to drive a good handling and good looking car on the street. Since I'm not racing for money, the compromise for me would be more street and less race. My 69" z/28 was actually OK on the street, not as good as say a 340 Dart but livable. Well I did go for the cambered exhaust that was crazy...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote