View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 08:15 AM   #16
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Phase 5: Paddle Shifter Extensions

This may be my favorite modification to my car yet, maybe even more than the CAI. They just add so much pop to the interior

As with most of my car purchases, this one happened at work while I was looking for some interior pieces to replace the plasticy ones. So I went to Ebay and did a general search for "2017 Camaro Accessories." (Yes, I was bored as hell)... Saw paddle shifter replacements for like an STI or something, and was like wow those look sweet, let me search for ones for my car.

TGMPG has colored replacement paddles but they are cra-z expensive. So I found these, and boy am I glad I got them. They are brushed aluminum 100% metal. They stick right on the back of the OEM paddles with 3M double sided tape. Although the functionality (described in video link) is really limited to the size of the OEM paddles, the way they look and feel on your fingers is incredible.

It is just mental, but the shifts feel snappier and crisper with the metal feel on your hands. I literally never EVER drive my car in automatic. Even if I am backing my car out of the driveway to put it in the street, it is R-->D then bump it over into M1. It has become subconscious at this point. I have actually accidentally left it in drive once because I was distracted, floored it and "shifted" into neutral at about 30 mph

These were $65 and worth absolutely every penny. They come in Silver, Red, Black and a Gunmetal Grey color. There is an option for an $85 pair but they are literally the same product. Even the advertisements on the page are the same lol.

Seeing another camaro without these, and without the color pop of the red, the interior just seems bleh. They match real well with the gauge cluster too.

Here is a link to my review of them and a good idea of what they feel and look like in the car.

Here is a link to buy them on Ebay
(*****you have to enter the color you want in the message to the seller*****)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steering-Whe...1Y8Ibj&vxp=mtr

MY REVIEW OF THE PADDLE SHIFTER EXTENSIONS
Go buy them... right now...

I'm waiting... No seriously... like right now.

Phase 5... Complete.
Attached Images

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning

Last edited by whiskeyfed; 08-18-2017 at 12:20 PM.
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote