View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 08:40 AM   #47
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
I agree.. I personally would not buy the first year of any new design but GM has put in the hours on this one and they don’t want it to get a black eye.. time will tell.

You are correct, I was at a Corvette plant seminar and the majority of the Corvettes sold are Gand Sports and ZO6 models. I do think that base model will put it in reach of some of the Camaro owners. To be honest that really hasn’t changed from the past price structure . The base Corvette was already a mid $50,000 car but now it’s what you get for the money. It will be interesting to see how it effects the Camaro market.
There are always those people that are star struck by the Corvette and they will take a stripped C8 , and by no means would that be a mistake for them . You can't buy a well equipped Tahoe for that price ,they will bite into Camaro sales some but not to any large effect . I think when all the specs come out for the C8 people will really see just how good the 6th gen Camaros really are . We won't see what this C8 can really do until we see the Grand Sport and up , they will be supercars .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote