View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 02:07 PM   #4
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin383 View Post
So my 17 LT has been in the body shop for the last week getting the bumper damage fixed that was cause by a landscape business running a weed eater to close to my car!🤬🤬 I rented a Challenger to drive because I’ve always liked the looks but had never driven one. Of course this is a rental version so it’s short on options and has their V6 auto.

I have to say, I’ve been very disappointed in the entire car. I like the retro look, maybe because I had a couple high school buddies that drove Callengers back in the 70s, but I didn’t expect the retro feel! To me coming from my 16SS and my 17LT, the Challenger just feels big and clumsy. The car I’m driving has 7500 miles on it and the transmission is terrible. The shifts are slow and often times clunky, shifting from reverse to drive takes a count of two, and in general the trans reminds me of something out of the 80s.

The engine pulls ok once it finds the right gear and gets some rpms, but it’s slow getting to that point. Beyond the mechanical issues, the car just feels big and boring! Sure, any of the V8s would probably make it a lot more interesting, but the car is still a pig. My 17 Camaro is a V6 but is still fun to drive and way more engaging! I’m glad I’ve scratched that itch, but please hurry and finish my Camaro so I can take this car back to Enterprise!!

I drove an R/T ver with stick a few years ago when had my 5th Gen Camaro. It was a nice car...can't compare it the the 6 cyl. Totally different engine and suspension setup.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote