View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 08:52 AM   #30
HyperblueSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
OK yeah that makes sense...when you referenced frequency I immediately thought sine wave. I should have known better being that my degree is in electronics
Frequency modulation would work with a square wave and wouldn't require an AC power supply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawsh_TxLsx View Post
The flexible fuel sensor uses a microprocessor inside the sensor to measure the ethanol percentage and fuel temperature, and changes the output signal accordingly. The electrical characteristic of the flexible fuel sensor signal is a square-wave digital signal. The signal is both variable frequency and variable pulse width. The frequency of the signal indicates the ethanol percentage, and the pulse width indicates the fuel temperature. The ECM provides an internal pull-up to 5 V on the signal circuit, and the flexible fuel sensor pulls the 5 V to ground in pulses. The output frequency is linear to the percentage of ethanol content in the fuel. The normal range of operating frequency is between 50 and 150 Hz, with 50 Hz representing 0 percent ethanol, and 150 Hz representing 100 percent ethanol.

"If you're not first you're last!"
HyperblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote