View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 08:18 AM   #72
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
From what I've read they had to scale down the FT-1 concept to fit the architecture BMW would be supplying. Definitely not as good looking as the concept. The most disappointing part of the car to me was that you can't get a manual and it doesn't have a back seat.

Back to the GT500. It would be a Camaro enthusiasts dream if Chevy dropped the LT5 in a ZL1 to steal some of this cars thunder. I'll always remember when they announced the 5th gen ZL1 numbers and Ford immediately let everyone know the GT500 would surpass it. I realize the ZL1 is the better overall car but the 2013 GT500 sure made some headlines and I'd like to see some payback.

So GM if you're listening... the day Ford releases the numbers (weight will probably be the most important for this car) you let the internet know the Camaro is getting the LT5. Also release a commercial that has Megan Fox in it... she pulls up next to a brand new GT500 that still has the dealer markup on the window and surprisingly says "Oh you got the GT500?". The guy hangs his head and says "Yeah, I guess I did". Then she screams off in her badass LT5 Camaro. Not too much to ask right.
So much this. These are HP wars with Pony Cars - yes I like that the Alpha platform is the best of the 3 for handling, but is it too much to ask to not be out-horsepowered by 100+ from Mopar and Ford.

So yes GM, it's time to give the Camaro the big HP LT5 to compete with the Redeye and GT500 in a straight line.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote