View Single Post
Old 12-09-2022, 07:56 AM   #9
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Do not pay 50k for a 2019/20. Those cars are about to be 3 and 4 years old. I don’t care how many miles are on them, age matters just as much as miles. Those ones listed for 50k aren’t moving at 50k. Prices are dropping and it’s not just because of interest rates. Dealers stopped paying nonsense trade in prices which is going to also drop the private party values. I’ve been watching the 1le market for a while as I am considering jumping in one and right now, prices are way down. I think they’ll continue to drop for another year and be back to normal.

Also to the poster who mentioned the one car for sale being automatic and that’s why it’s cheaper, in my experience when car/window shopping, manual cars don’t go for more until the cars are older. When they are still fairly new the edge tends to go to automatic cars. Check out the prices of used 6th gens and you’ll see manuals and autos are pretty closely priced. Then go check out prices of 4th gens and you’ll see the manuals for for around 4K more. I think this is because auto enthusiasts are buyers of older cars whereas not everyone who buys a newer sports car is really much of an enthusiast. Remember we enthusiasts make up only a fraction of the market.

Last edited by m6-lt1; 12-09-2022 at 08:12 AM.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote