View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #15
Vne182

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro LS
This is a commuter and my wife's commuter at that. I'm fine with the power that the car has now. This car was simply not designed for big power. From the small radiator to the small differential, everything on the car was designed to cut costs, save weight and provide a value "sports car" that handles really well. I'm not interested in finding and replacing the week links.

As I've stated, at my altitude the compressor wheel is already running out of breath, there isn't much envelope left for improved efficiency. I'm running 21/22 PSI with the stock tune. Just as your computer limits boost at sea level to stay at 295Ib' of torque, mine has to run more just to get to the stock levels.
The positive side to that is that the car is significantly faster than a naturally aspirated V6 which can loose 30-40% power on a hot day up here in Utah. I'm okay being faster than most things on the road.

I'll continue to watch for good tunes and maybe a better Mitsubishi/Garrett turbo in the future. For now, I'll install the intermediate intake pipe for noise, and a catch can to keep those intake valves clean. ZZP seems to be great to work with. I'll pick up that downpipe I'm sure too.
Maybe, maybe after I've invested in a good set of 19" wheels, I'll throw down the money at a tune.
Vne182 is offline   Reply With Quote