View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 06:10 PM   #14
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Funny how a car that is close to 15 years old can do a 7:01:30 and its Viper ACR-Extreme, with a The drag coefficient of 0.54 all they had to do was add more power.
The Viper is a beast of a car, but it is about as perfect a balance on a street car as you can get. You're still talking about a 100k car however...

The last ZR1 only made the one run, and as far as I know, they never re-ran it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
If it's that fast - it won't be naturally aspirated. And the only engines that **might** be up to the task will be found in the mid-engined car, not the Camaro for the first couple of years. Which is why I don't think there will be a Z/28 this gen. But I'm going out on a limb for that.

Instead...I think they might be toying with a track "upgrade" beyond what the ZL1 1LE already has. Perhaps that's what the black car we saw was about?

Drag packs....Mag Ride and transmission calibrations?

LT5 blower kit?

The possibilities are endless...I just don't see the Z/28 among them for gen SIX. The opportunity was the ZL1 1LE, and that's passed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Only time will tell, but i dont see them updating the ZL1LE, at the risk of pissing off all the ZL1LE owners they now have, it will have a different name when it comes out, if its a N.A. car they will call it a Z/28 if its not N.A. then a new Name, i still hope for the Z/28.
Could very easily see it as an upgrade package available to both old/new customers. And, I can absolutely see it being similar to them offering the 1LE package solo....

It's not that much of a stretch to buy it, given what they did with the recent Drag Pack offering...