View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 09:59 AM   #1
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
Gen v 5.3 high boost low budget build

I dropped a valve last year on my 6.2. It had drop ins, head studs and some valve train stuff and made nearly 1100hp. I have been debating in what to replace it with for awhile.

To keep me busy I went ahead and dropped a stock gen v 5.3 in the car. It has been fun to play with and has allowed me to finish other mods I had planned like an air to water intake and chiller set up.

I have no idea what a 100% stock one of these will take. We took it to 15psi and made 678hp. Seems decent to me. The chiller is working well, look at the mat in the pic below! It does have some condensation issues when the weather is warmer.

The plan is once the weather turns crappy to swap in some drop ins and some valve train parts and reuse a few parts from my 6.2 like the cam and head studs and then give it hell. Like 30+psi hell. It should be fun. These motors are stacked up at the junk yards around here and can be had for $1000-$1700 depending on miles.
Attached Images