View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 12:21 PM   #28
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
Good Riddance!
I don't think a word of truth ever came out of his mouth.
Although this is going to sound useless without citing specifics, I do recall a lot of times he was wrong about things or deflected. I didn't personally understand the hero worship behind him.

When he became the chief engineer in 2007, the 5th gen was already well into its development and was a nearly guaranteed success. I can't say I agree with where things have gone with the 6th gen for the most part and could see the benefit in a new person leading future efforts at this point. While Al always consistently said he viewed the 6th gen as a success, I'd like to see more Camaros on the road and more interest for it outside of enthusiast communities like Camaro6.

If you recall, a few weeks ago, the GM performance division seemed to be pretty bullish about fixing the 6th gen refresh by removing the bumper blackout, in contrast to what was likely pressure from above to keep the corporate face. If this was Mark's work, I think good things will come. It shows he isn't scared to make the Camaro stand out from the rest of the product portfolio.