View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 05:39 PM   #8
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
Excuse me you must be joking. To run a good time is so important to the car maker that they use all available measures to do so. The track is the most difficult and the longest one in the world. To set a lap time which is below 7:20min is worth to mention it for every car manufacturer to show off.
Look who is faster. Nordschleife it’s not just camber plates and tire pressure. Think about engine oil, diff oil, modified air ducts, carbon break disks and pads, high octane gasoline, Special engine tune (altitude, humidity, temperatures......) probably the cars where assembled with minimized tolerances. Even the amateurs doing all this.
Changing all the things you mentioned would be cheating. Maybe it happens by manufacturers since there's no governing body for Nurburgring lap times, but I doubt the team would put their credibility as engineers in question. And IF they did, they are not going to come onto the forum and admit to it!

I believe them that the car was completely stock down to the tires and brake pads, with the exception of safety equipment. The specific question being asked is about the on car adjustments made within the existing hardware (such as tire pressure and alignment info).

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote