View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 04:48 PM   #13
italiano687

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 1lt
Run Flat Worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
Fix-A-Flat might be fine for small punctures but won't help in the situation where the tire is sliced by road debris or sustains other serious damage. Most run flats recommend that you only drive long enough to get to a tire shop to replace them. I'm not sure how well run flats work if the tire is badly damaged. In an extreme case without a spare you might be waiting for a tow truck.
I can attest to the fact that the stick run flat is able to be. Driven after being badly damaged. Last week I hit a curb and split the. Run flat at the wheel and I was able to drive it 9 miles at about 55 miles per hour on a shitty road. I then got up the next morning and drove the car about 50 miles into the city to try and replace the tire. It held up at speeds of 45-55 on crappy roads in South Carolina. The downside was no one not even the dealer carried the tire and none could get it on a saturday. The only offering was a Potenza by Bridgestone. I hated the noise and the hard ride of the run flat so I replaced all the. Tires. I am in need of emergency solutions now also.
italiano687 is offline   Reply With Quote