View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 03:23 PM   #11
geebjen

Drives: 2022 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankaro View Post
I'm not sure I understand your question. If you are looking for shipping status for a car you have ordered, I don't think you're going to see that using the "Inventory Search" feature. I think the program recognizes that the VIN is an ordered car and returns something like "this vehicle is not available" or something similar. I don't think you'd see a status there even if the ordered car is already at the dealer, because it's not available inventory. Maybe I'm missing something.
Ok, here goes. Chevy chat bot can basically only tell you 3 things:
- Order isn't accepted by GM yet (1100)
- Order is accepted and moving toward production (2000-3400)
- Car is built...ask your dealer for more information (3800+)

So once you're at 3800+ Chevy chat is generally of no help. Seems less and less likely that even a live person will give you a status code or accurate shipping status.

At some point at 3800+ the car will show up in the Chevy.com inventory search as in the attached picture which says "In Transit".

I'm asking at what status...3800,4000,4B00,4200...will it show up on Chevy.com inventory with the note "In Transit". The most obvious would be 4200 or higher, since 4200 is the lowest status where the car is actually shipped...but you never know with these guys. If we knew that they only show up there at 4200, that's one more bit of information to help know how far along the car is since Chevy chat bot is useless after 3800. But if they show up immediately at 3800, then seeing the car show up in the inventory search doesn't tell you any more about how far along it is.
Attached Images