Thread: Phastek and mmr
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 07:46 PM   #1
WldchrySS

Drives: 2021 camaro ss
Phastek and mmr

Hello fellow camaro owners!

In December I picked up a 21 2SS convertible . My wife’s DD and my Saturday car lol! Like most we wanted a set of of all seasons for the car. We live in tidewater VA. The weather here most of the time is not horrible weather wise. When it snows it won’t move so no big deal. I have always been a middle of the road kind of guy. I never buy the cheapest and hardly ever buy the most expensive. Maybe not as kids but in life the middle of the road is a good place to play.lol This is what I have Learned in my 46 years of life experience.
So to my problem. We decided on the z-28 replicas. Hands down some of the best looking rims gm ever licensed. I looked a lot found quite a few . So me being me I bought from who I though would be reputable dealer and a reputable wheel maker. I like many here chose both companies to do buisness with and I thought I would be ok.
I ordered my rims and they showed up in a timely manner and I will say the rep for mrr on this site is great for answering questions. Mrrdon I believe.Cool! I thought. I’m good to go! Install time ! Installer comes to me and says there’s a problem! One of the center caps won’t fit after he is pulling it out of the bay.
I contacted phastek who tells me to take pics so I did and those wouldn’t work so I had to take more and pop all the center caps out and test fit each one. Long story short total PIA , but understandable. So after a couple of weeks of going back and forth with them because of our schedule. I though that they would take care of it and a new one would be on the way. Right? Nope I get an email saying I’ll have to pull the rim and dismount the tire and send it back and after mrr says it’s a defect they’ll send me out another. Ok! So put the summer tires back on in the middle of winter? It’s not legal in the state of Va to have two different tires on the same axel. Putting summer tires back on would be my only choice . A poor choice for sure. I’m not willing to risk my family’s life nor my car to do so.I emailed them back and gave them a response and they emailed me back and said what would be to my liking and I asked them to send me a new rim and I would eat the installation cost and ship them back the defective rim. There answer is to charge me 200 dollars and then when it gets returned and checked out then I’ll be refunded. My response was no! You have your money now make this right!
This is where we stand at the minute. The sad face of buisness! I spent my hard earned money on an average set of rims. Phastek and mrr have been made whole and Im 3/4 of the way there. Never in 13 years of owning a business have I ever charged a customer to pay for a defective part. When people do right by me I’ll be the first to say it. Where has the service after the sale has gone?
WldchrySS is offline   Reply With Quote