View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 11:42 AM   #38772
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
I posted up in ZL1 but thought I might drop a quick line in here. I have made an Old F@rt move. I have traded my ZL1 and my Honda truck in on a 2019 MB CLS 450, one owner, ~9,100 miles. I had, had a hankering for a MB and a bit more comfortable ride. The ~2,500 miles to Frederick / Gettysburg did nothing to dissuade those thoughts.

Let me be clear. The ZL1 was a fabulous vehicle. It was fast and handled at a world class level. I had tracked the car a fair amount. I taken the car to the strip. I had done several road trips in the car. It was a super car or supercar as I would prefer.

However, the CLS is just another world of comfort. Its I6 is silky smooth. The mild hybrid motor kicks in a few HP and over 180 pound feet or torque. All this lends itself to smooth, effortless acceleration and cruising. The technology is amazing. The sound system is first class. Oh yea, you can hear it, too.

We had a 2013 Jaguar XJ Portfolio. A good road trip friend dubbed it the Magic Carpet. It too, had done the Frederick / Gettysburg road trip and that is where the moniker came from. This harkens back to that beauty.

FWIW, we have queued up a trip to Springfield, MO to Lebanon, MO to St. Louis, MO to Springfield, IL. This a piece of historic Rte 66 and an end point at the Lincoln Presidential Library. This a getting our grounding for the 5 weeks of Rte 66 west from Springfield to Santa Monica sometime, springish of next year.
Attached Images

Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote