View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 10:25 PM   #38559
The Flash

Drives: Firebird 95, Equinox 05, Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Thanks. I will try to get something done with them soon. As soon as I saw the muck I slowed down to a crawl & crawled the rest of the way to the school to keep from slinging is as much as possible. I also have mud guards thankfully.

Stay safe everyone in the potential path of the hurricane.

Hello RubyCamaro

The advice you've got from BigTime53 is mostly spot on correct.

However, I beg to differ on the part referring to having to fully refurbish the wheels.

Although that is the most appropriate solution , it will prove costly $$$.

In my own experience, a top paint/detailing shop shall be capable of applying a finishing coat to the damaged wheels at at fraction of the cost.

When a Senior citizen made an erratic turn at corner I was half way through I was forced to tighten my turning radius to avoid her scrapping the sides of my car.

As a result I scratched - badly - a section of my rear right weel lip against the curb.

The shop I normally take my cars to repaired the dents and scratches, painted the wheel, perfectly matching the original color AND FINISH (i.e., the clear coat), and certified the wheel (in-round circunference, balance and true aspect) for about US$150.

The job was so thorough I couldn't tell where was the repaired section, and I'm very neat picky when it come to my vehicles. I really mean they did it perfectly.

I canīt tell if they painted the whole wheel or just matched the repaired section and then did one hell of a job in fading/blending with the rest.
Also the wheel looks perfect when placed side to side with any other wheel - I have removed it and put it alongside to compare the color and finishing.

Now, this is one of the top two shops (not cheap at all) in my neck of the woods, so I'm sure that if you shop around carefully you will find a few in your city that can provide an A1 service at probably a much better rate, due to the higher volumes of work they would handle and because the work will be just the finishing coat.

I can tell from this and many other of your posts that you really care and are zealous about the state of your CAMARO, so I trust this alternative is acceptable to you.

Hope this helps you finding a satisfactory and reasonable solution.

Drive safe and all the best for you,

The Flash