View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 10:16 PM   #1
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Track alignment (SG3) ordeal

Be careful who you take your cars to for an alignment. I went to a local national chain (leaving name out) with GM track specs and rear camber/toe tty bolts in hand.

Arrived at 1pm. Was told they can’t use the bolts I brought and that they are not needed. Ok I know 2-3x is probably ok and if it slips I’ve got 1yr free realignments. Whatever...

1hr later: tech came out and rear camber looks good, he then informed me the front is not adjustable and is at -.8 (I just installed the GM lowering kit/sways so I guess I did a good job eyeballing it lol). I told him no, the top strut bolt hole is elongated you can adjust it. Said he’d never done one of these cars, apologized and went back at it.

2hrs later: car pulled up. Master mechanic and the tech came out and said best they can get is -0.4. I shook my head and said ummm when I brought it in it was -0.8 right, the sheet says -2.0. Some more confusion... after going back and forth a bit they thought I wanted 2.0 positive camber (even though the GM sheet says negative -2.0). 30min later they got it to this.

I should have taken it to a dealer. Was there 4hrs. Yeash. Only reason I didn’t is I have a rotofab and didn’t want to swap the stock back in. I would have been time ahead to just do it.

Moral of the story: you get what you pay for I guess. lol
Attached Images

Last edited by Chrome383Z; 04-19-2021 at 10:27 PM.
Chrome383Z is offline   Reply With Quote