View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 09:54 AM   #11
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
Hmm, ok, firstly, it sounds like maybe the system still has air in and must be bled. Once you have bled the cooling system, you can determine if your thermostat is sticking closed not allowing cooling fluid into the engine through to the radiator to cool it off. what I do is to squeeze the top and lower rad hoses whiel the car is running and run dexcool into the engine ( I know it's expensive, but the car is worth it.) you should start seeing bubbles from the radiator filler neck, oh did I mention keep the cap off.
Another thing, if the cap is really easy to screw on then the seal is bad and must be replaced, like 12 bucks (us) for a cap.
keep tabs on the coolant temp. When the system is bled properly and filled properly, with the tstat operating normally, the fans usually should kick on around 221-223 degs.
With the issues I had, a large bubble somewhere, my fans wouldn't kick in until around 230 degs. so yea, there was an air bubble issue. So now mine kicks in after a new cap to finish it off after a new tstat, coolant and cap, at around 221, if it even gets there now. Used to get to 221 pretty quick before I replaced my cap, thought I had a leak but it was pushing pressure out the cap. I hope this helps some with my experience.
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote