View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 05:06 AM   #15
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasar View Post
SWRocket:

When I got my upgrade, the installer said the following about how bright his brands of speakers were:

Brightest: Hertz
Middle: Focal
Darkest: Morel

I wound up going with the Morel Virtus Nano Carbon 2 way components in the front and the 6.5 coax in the rear seat side panels. I love midrange, so I would consider the 3 ways, but that would involve some type of A pillar install, I believe.

It turns out that the tuner started out with the Morels way too bright, and after an hour tuning session, after pushing and pushing him, we got the midrange right, and I find the high treble just a little too low now, and the mid-bass needing a little improvement, if possible.

ZL1 vert stereo upgrade

Morel has 2 and 3 way components in non-carbon fiber as well, as well as several levels of speakers. I'm happy with mine now after tuning.
Thanks Plasar. I read your build thread and I do love Morel.
One question, I see you have a Helix with a URC, as do I (P-SIX MKII + P-ONE) and I'm curious where you have it installed. I'm really having a hard time finding a good spot for it.
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote