View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 04:07 PM   #3
huskerborn

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
to remove the top assembly you have to remove pretty much all of the back seat panels and the seats of course. In my 2011 camaro the top seat has metal clicks, one on each side, that you have to push down on to get it to pull out. It really isn't HARD, but time consuming. I did it, taking my time, in one afternoon.

Then you have to remove the 3rd brake light panels that surround the back of the top . You have nuts that have to be unscrewed (10 mm I believe) all around that (these are holding the water bag in place). Once the nuts are remove the panels will remove. The 3rd brake light itself.. you just have to pry it up, it has clips holding it down. To be able to see these bolts you have to lift the top basically half way up

each side panel, the ones with the speakers in them are one large panel, start down by the door and work your way up. They come off pretty easily, just take your time... no special tools needed.

This is pretty quick and a crude explanation, but I will check back if you have questions.

In the end, there are only 3 bolts on each side holding the top assembly in place.

When you get to the point of actually removing the top assembly, you will need help and you have to pay attention to the back. There are stops in the back that makes it more of a challenge lifting the top out.
huskerborn is offline   Reply With Quote