View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 01:13 PM   #76
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Nice stable!

I once had a job where I had to commute ~20 miles each way. It was almost entirely in heavy traffic and there was no way around it. I'm talking Stapleton area of Denver for those who know. It sucks.

TBH, I'd take an econo car with an auto, small size and better visibility for that drive anytime. With a SS, there'd be no reason or opportunity to exceed 2k rpms. Why bother?

As for the comment that most can't afford 2 cars, with leases around $100-200/month the savings on gas, tires and brakes would more than pay for the car in many commute situations so it's possible it's actually cheaper to own 2 cars. When I was working in the Stapleton area my boss drove from somewhere around Evergreen (over an hour drive) in his f'in Tahoe. He was an idiot imo. He could have been driving a brand new car, saving miles on his $$$ Tahoe, saving money and using MUCH less gas all at the same time.
I agree with this. I commute A LOT and when I first get a new nice car I drive the crap out of it, 18 ss 1le has 27k (19k in the first year) miles 19 gt has 18k miles, after the first year I usually calm it down to save on consumables and put less miles on. Even if you don't want to lease a 2nd cheap car there are plenty of cheap shitboxes out there. I alternate most of the daily driving with my Miatas and family vehicle zr2.

I think it ends up being quite a bit cheaper in the long run considering cost of gas, consumables, and depreciation. Though insurance might get ya lol.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote