View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 02:54 PM   #79
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I'm not a labor expert, I don't know anything about the UAW or any Union's inter workings or how good or bad each one might be. I'm curious though why such animosity towards people joining one and having the ability to sit down at the table with "management" and fight for better wages / benefits / working environment? Why is there such disdain for this concept? If the Union was so bad for the union members, THEY have the right to dissolve the UNION by majority vote.

If you think they are getting too much, then the question or disdain shouldn't be about why THEY are getting something that you are not, the question should be why can't you get what they have?

Do we hold the same disdain for other unions, like Police and Firefighters Unions? What is the criteria for one being good and one being bad?

just my 2 cents.
I think that all depends on the situation/ what union it is. I don't dislike unions per say, but I do dislike the people that give unions bad name, or especially when something has to be done by a union employee - especially if it's something stupid
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote