View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 10:13 PM   #33
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD_GOAT View Post
Honest question, did GM finally fix the overheating problem that was a problem for some C7Z's? Did/does the ZL1 and C7Z still have this problem or was it corrected? My guess is that this problem was fixed on the C7Z and was OK when the ZL1 was introduced.

I know there is even a class action lawsuit against GM concerning the overheating problems on the C7Z.
The overheating issue was with the 15-16 Z06s. The 17s and up were updated and I think they have not shown any issues with overheating. It should be noted that the overheating was mainly during extended track periods and on very hot days. Or so I was led to believe. Someone with experience might know a little more. But those who have not gone to the track or who just like to drive in a spirited manner have not had any issues with overheating. A buddy of mine has one and he says it has never overheated on him.

The ZL1 is a different story altogether. GM built it to NOT overheat at all. Everything from the grille design to the placement of the 11 heat exchangers means that it will not overheat at all. A company (I forget who) tried to get it to overheat and it would not, lol!! So there is no worry about that for us.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote