View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 12:58 AM   #44
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaro View Post
Just my $0.02, I hope you are incorrect on that...it's all about supply vs demand. I suspect the average ZL1 buyer won't want the 1LE package so right off, the demand will be a fraction of the regular ZL1. Keep in mind, people like you and me on forums are enthusiasts, we are the smaller market so while the forum may be going nuts right now, most people won't care at all. The bigger thing is, hopefully Chevrolet want to actually sell this thing so they won't limit production to 500 like the GT350R. If they make a few thousand to satisfy demand, ADM should be kept in check.
In Texas they will sit on dealer lots for nearly the whole model year like the previous Z28. Hell, the cheaper ZL1 models are sitting right now. You won't find a mark up here in the DFW. Maybe a few of the first may bring just above MSRP but it will die down soon. Not really sure why people buy ZL1s in California and other inflated parts of the country when all these ZL1s are sitting unclaimed and heavily marked down. I imagine this new 1LE will be no different. It's very hard to sell a $70,000.00 Chevy that isn't a SUV.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote