View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 07:55 AM   #96
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
There's a large, quiet group of car enthusiasts who love to track and whose favourite moments of driving are taking a series of sweeping turns apex to apex...

If your one of those people you realise any extra weight you can rid....especially nose weight... you get better cornering...

I can GUARUNTEE you the 1LE corners better and feels better thru the apex than a ZL1....

sure the ZL1 will brute force it's way out of the corner exit... but for true track rats prefer sublime balance and carrying their speed thru the twisties over using power to compensate for a 4000 pound curb weight and a nose heavier car with an extra 100 pounds of motor that sits at a higher C of G...

I would save my money...wait till the power train warranty was up...then have it rebuilt stronger with a non AFM cam for more natural aspirated power by a good engine builder... better reliable power with no weight increase....
Nice points! Also there's nothing more frustrating at the track than the guy in front of you in the brute force car. He holds you up in the corners so you can't get a good rhythm going then blows you out of the water in the straights so you can't pass.