View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 10:06 PM   #94
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
There's a large, quiet group of car enthusiasts who love to track and whose favourite moments of driving are taking a series of sweeping turns apex to apex...

If your one of those people you realise any extra weight you can rid....especially nose weight... you get better cornering...

I can GUARUNTEE you the 1LE corners better and feels better thru the apex than a ZL1....

sure the ZL1 will brute force it's way out of the corner exit... but for true track rats prefer sublime balance and carrying their speed thru the twisties over using power to compensate for a 4000 pound curb weight and a nose heavier car with an extra 100 pounds of motor that sits at a higher C of G...

I would save my money...wait till the power train warranty was up...then have it rebuilt stronger with a non AFM cam for more natural aspirated power by a good engine builder... better reliable power with no weight increase....

Manual for manual...you're looking at 3747 lb 1LE and a 3883 lb ZL1.

136lb difference total between the two is far less than last generation. A lot of that is in drivetrain/brakes...probably about half of it in in the engine.

That all said...you're right. In fact, you're soooo right, because it's one of the reasons I opted to buy a 14 1LE and trade in my 12 ZL1. However, this generation, while still true, I think the difference will be much more subtle.

And if you add the automatic (just for kicks) that 35 lbs (or 61, whatever the real number is) is put right dead-center, and as low as you can get...might not even notice that....

They're both great cars.