View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 09:47 AM   #13
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
1.9's are soft by any means. Hell my old highschool car (89 GTA) would pull 1.9's on street tires and only run 14 flat. The zl1 and vette have provin that 1.7-1.8 can be had. Low 1.9's high 1.8's should be easy and out you closer to 12.0's even on street tires with an auto.
Your GTA was able to do that due to numerically higher gears in the rear and less weight to get moving out of the hole. Plus, the TPI's actually had decent low end torque. The ZL1 has more torque, numerically higher gears, and a different transmission and the Vettes (assuming you mean C7's) are lighter...

I spend tons of time at the drag strip (I probably have over 500 passes) with various cars, and I still say that the chances of a stock, A8 SS hitting something better then a 1.8 60' are near zero. Between the numerically low gears in the rear, soft converter, and it's weight. Heck, even the very, very few "hero runs" that some on this forum like to call them, for the A8 C7's are in the 1.7 60' range (and it's only like two cars). The vast majority are in the 1.8/1.9 60' range, which is where you will see the A8 SS in my opinion.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote