View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 11:17 AM   #11
BMKY

Drives: 18 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Looking better than mine. I installed the GM rock guards last year to protect the rear fender, but the protection was little. So I painted and installed the ZL1 side skirts last month, hoping better protection. I cut the front end of the side skirts to fit the GM rock guards. Looking ok from meters away.... I did not use the skews in the package, but tri fold rivets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin View Post
I added the ZL1 version rockers from C7 Carbon, painted in satin black. I also already had the GM rock guards installed on the car before I thought about adding the rockers. My local body shop was able to cut a notch on the bottom side of the rock guards and slide the rockers in under them. We then painted the bottom end of the rock guards satin black to match the rockers. We installed the rockers with rivets along the bottom and 3M double sided tape along the top. (The tape was installed on the rockers before painting them so that the top edge of the tape is black and doesn’t show.). We also had to add an extra rivet and screw at the very back end of the rockers towards the inner top as the top side tended to pull away slightly even with the double sided tape. I’m happy with how it all turned out. So far, no rock chips!!!