View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 09:40 AM   #34
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Greetings all! New here. I've always been someone who enjoyed rowing their own gears. I had a 5MT 1987 IROC-Z and a 6MT 1999 SS. Skipped the 5th gen and will be getting a 6th gen.

As most know, it used to be that there was such a performance and fun factor difference between the manual and a 4 speed auto that it was a no brainer. if you wanted a stick and the fastest of the 2 options, you got a stick. Now with the advent of these 8 speed autos with lightning fast shifts and paddle shifters, my guess is that it will be faster than the 6MT.

I have an 8AT in my current car (13 335i M Sport)and love it. However, I'm having a very tough time convincing myself that I'll enjoy an 8AT Camaro more than a stick which I've had in all the performance car's I've ever owned. But I also don't want something that is slower than an otherwise equal car.

Has anyone else switched that SWORE they would never switch to an auto Camaro? I feel like that old guy now that swore they would never drive an auto sports car
Well, my tuned 6a is as fast as my Buddy's 6mt...with the same tune...I bet the 8a will actually be quicker than the mt.