View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 01:04 PM   #14
rcoe

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
If you just put it in track mode the traction and stability control will keep the car in line at stock power levels but idk what will happen in your case with the additional power. If you use competitive mode or turn traction and stability control fully off that's when you would need to be very focused on smoothly and gradually squeezing onto the throttle and counter steering quickly if the back starts to come around. I would not recommend turning traction and stability control fully off on track to a novice in a high hp car. Autocross would be the best place to do that for the first time if you want to try it.

Agreed on the comment that you should get an in car instructor if at all possible.

Yes I plan to leave traction and stability control on running in track mode. I want to stay out of the grass and facing in the right direction.

They say there are a limited number of instructors available to assist and I am hoping I can get one in the car with me for a couple laps at least.

Might hold off on a set of $300 pads as if I really enjoy it and am going to do more I am going to upgrade to the larger rotors and 6 piston calipers before the next event.
American Racing headers - Borla S-type
rcoe is offline   Reply With Quote