View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 11:16 AM   #104
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Finally refreshed the OEM brake fluid in the front calipers (only 1 bottle of Motul 600 showed up...). My 13 year old assistant did quick work of the press/hold and hit the bleeder screw.

I felt no difference, but didn't have any issue prior either. Love those 6 piston calipers - finally Chevy getting serious!

Father's Day brought a trip to the Ring! Executed 4 straight laps and then a break while the track was closed for an armco repair/coolant mess. Then two more in succession...final corner of the 6th lap - low fuel level showing less than 1/16 of a tank - perfect timing! My Subaru would experience fuel starvation just after half a tank - nice Chevy! Computer showed 5.5 mpg for the tank...

New best of 8:03 Bridge to Gantry. Still considerable time left for me - very sloppy lap as well. Nice 50 degree temps allowed me to keep the windows up and acceptable engine music recorded. 7:15 into the video is my most enjoyable part...nothing like WOT into a corner with the ground dropping away and the car getting airborne while 'transitioning' a couple of feet to the right! Doing 4 laps back to back certainly helped with retention...still get lost on course!

I did run into a ZL1 1LE...white in color with untouched dive planes and wing. He was German which I was surprised - didn't think that car was legal in EU due to the pedestrian killing aerodynamics. He mentioned American 'imports' are different. That makes 2 that I've seen with German registration - would be a fun car to have...although the 6 hour round trip on the street might not be pleasant. Nearly the entire way was rain - quite dicey with slightly worn 285's on the front of mine...305's would be even more interesting.

Last edited by Tim M; 06-17-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote