View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 07:17 AM   #27
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
I think BlaqWhole sums it up well below:

However i still maintain that a 2020 GT500 won't be a track (road course) focused car, I think it will be a powerful street and drag strip car like they've always been. I have a feeling though that this one will be the first GT500 to come with an Auto and it will be the 10spd because its a drag car and no one can deny how much faster an auto is at the drag strip.
They will put the A10 in it as an option. Whether or not there is a R version is another question. Considering the amount of time remaining in the S550 Gen I doubt it. We would have heard something already if it was going to be released for 2020. Which means an R version would have to wait until 2021 at which point it will basically be a 1 MY thing. If it does then there is no way anyone will get it anywhere even close to whatever MSRP will be. Which means the only good it'll do is to put dolla billz in the dealership's hands since they're gonna charge soo much ADM for it that it'll never be worth what people will pay for it. That is how that will go.

On the flip side of that coin, I think the GT500 will actually help improve ZL1 sales. Why? Because all the peple who are holding out for one will be disappointed when they see $20K (minimum) markups. So that will drive them right over to the Chevy lot for a nice brand new ZL1 that doesn't have markups and all that nonsense associated with it. Or maybe even a nice used one for even less. Or a Redeye. Kinda ironic tho that dealership greed will drive up the opposition's sales. I mean, what else are they gonna get...a Bullitt?? LOL!! People can trash talk ZL1s all they want. But the fact remains that if you want a mega HP car then the ZL1 is the absolute best bang for the buck on the planet.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote