View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 11:51 PM   #96
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Drives: 2009 CTS-V, 2008 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSS2018 View Post
Hi all, looks like a great product and it seems plenty of very happy customers.

I'm considering a V2 for my car but wondering if anyone has first hand experienced of installing one into a supercharged LT1 (relatively safe tune); I have no doubt about potential gains but wondering if it will continue to be plug & play on a custom dyno tuned boosted engine.
It depends on the tune....an LT1 version of my product would be a safer choice if you want to avoid tuning but an LT4 version would be a little more responsive (however it may require a brush up with the tune).

I say may.....its probably a coin toss with odds a little bit more in your favor than the house.....LOL

So if touching up the tune is something you don't want to deal with you should go the safe route and get an LT1V2......if you're willing to throw those dice than get an LT4 version.

Even an LT1 V2 is a big gain in CFM (airflow) and power (and responsiveness) over stock.....you would be very happy with either choice but the LT4 version would have a touch more part throttle response based on how its shaped versus the LT1.

Hope you find this info helpful

-Tony
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote