View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 11:14 PM   #9
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
We are so fortunate....Living in the resurgence of the Muscle Car era...And we own one of the best out there.

Talk about bargain priced performance!
Bargain basement priced performance! Honestly, I am so glad I bought the Camaro over the Mustang. I was set on the new GT and even joined the Mustang Club of America anticipating the Ford discount pricing you get with membership. Luckily, I was getting impatient waiting and started doing more research of the Camaro which I had told myself I would never think about owning.

I'm not a brand guy, but owned custom classic Chevys my entire driving life. I was not impressed with late model GM offerings and the horrible interiors they had for years. I was fond of the LS engines, so much so that I installed an LS in my 65 Chevelle pro touring car as have tons of other builders and enthusiasts. Those engines are bullet proof.

The Alpha chassis is also incredible. The interiors are really nice now and I can say without a doubt that Chevy has done an incredible job and this Camaro, especially the 1LE drives and feels like a 60k sports car at the price of a Toyota. In fact, this incredible car cost me less than my wife's 4Runner, our friend's Highlander, and significantly less than my RAM pickup.

I love the concept car styling which looks nothing like most cars on the road. I have no visibility issues and don't understand all the complaints about vis out of the rear window. I see just fine and use my mirrors as they're meant to be used.

My buddy just bought a BMW 4 series and almost choked when I took him for a ride and then found out how much I paid. Let's just say that he has buyers remorse. He admitted that he thought we paid the same and that although the Camaro is faster and performs better, he could brag about the badge. Oops! He had no idea how nice it really is. That's thatvmisconception that the article was getting at. This ain't your bad old days Camaro. No mullets here!

Bravo Zulu Chevy!!
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote