View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 10:19 AM   #57
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Part of the rationale for transitioning to EVs was that ICE technology had suddenly peaked out and nothing better with ICE was feasible or worth pursuing. Remember that little pearl of "wisdom"? This had been determined back in 2017 or whenever the big decision to go all EV was supposedly made...lol

This new ICE V-8 must be a real dog, or at least nothing to get real excited about. If they tout it as an "improvement" then Winston Smith will have a new assignment real soon.
It was under development before the switch to EV. I was still there at the time. If it is still what it was intended to be when I was there, it is focused on making certain that the vehicles who use it are in better position to meet 2026 commercial vehicle emissions regulations and competitive with other commercial vehicles that will be in market at the time.

Real question… who is Winston Smith?

***EDIT*** Nevermind. Orwell’s ghost paid me a visit.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 01-23-2023 at 10:31 AM.
Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote