View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 10:54 AM   #28
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Builder View Post
The numbers they (motor Trend) were getting from the VBOX when they were running live on their facebook feed were 11.9s and one 11.8. The best they got on 0-60 was 3.9. The review they just posted must have been some other runs (but as far as I know they never re-ran the 0-60 or quarter mile attempts). If they actually ran 11.5, i'd love to see it.
Actually if anyone runs 11.5 I'd love to see it.
I'm not saying it can't be done. I don't think Chevy would make it up. I'm just saying usually when a manufacturer posts a time on an unprepped track, those numbers are easily replicated or beaten by magazine folks on similarly unprepped surfaces. Not to mention a 7.9 1/8th on an actual dragstrip.

Where are the times for the manuals in the hands of normal folks. There are enough of them out there in the wild now where someone has to have had one to a dragstrip. What are their real world numbers? Did Chevy ever release the manual's numbers?
MT mentioned the best results were with all the nannies off. I'm betting those early tests were all with some of those on. Probably what happened to Hot Rod too. They should know better than to use the Launch Control to attempt a best time. Don't know of many cars that ever achieve their claimed times with Launch Control.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote