View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 10:47 AM   #3
Ricardo@Phastek

Drives: the boss nuts....
Send a message via AIM to Ricardo@Phastek Send a message via Yahoo to Ricardo@Phastek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Deleted my post instead of re-editing it.

Ok so I would be interested in doing this if I can delete the secondary cats with the proper Borla X-Pipe (https://www.phastekperformance.com/2...pipe-60606.htm) and not have to tune the car. My buddy did a Corsa system on a bone stock '17 ZL1 and it was loud but not enough for him so he cut the factory system and installed straight pipes to delete the secondary cats only. Car sounded a lot more aggressive and probably picked up even more ponies. He had no check engine light and didn't tune it either.

So for me it looks like Corsa Xtreme + Borla 60606 X-Pipe w/ secondary delete will be my answer. (Too bad Corsa doesn't just make an X-Pipe/full cat back system like they do for their Vette systems)
I dont see an issue with 60606 fitting up to the factory location. From what we could tell the mounting point for a cat-back system that takes place of the factory secondary cats has the same mounting position. The Borla #60606 has a similar mounting position, so dont see any issue with it not working.

I think by deleting the secondary cats a check engine light will come up. Although the claims are that they are not monitored I have had the light come on with some testing that we have done. Same goes for the guys that are just doing the cat delete pipes, they are getting check engine lights from what I have come across. If I am incorrect, please someone correct me on this though.

Hopefully this answers your questions.
Ricardo@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote