View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 10:19 PM   #7
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
I just verified again, straight from the Tremec website data sheet for the TR6060 that the trans lubricant called for is Dexron III ATF.

I agree that the Tremec fluid is heavier grade than ATF (see my posts above in this thread, as I believe we are both making the same point on this), but so is the GM OEM flui (you can pull the current safety datasheet on the AC Delco site as I did the other day). In fact, the Tremec and GM fluids both have about the same kinemetic viscosity ratings at 40c and 100c.

So either Tremec is specifying the wrong viscosity fluid in the TR6060 data sheet (shouldn't say Dexron III ATF as it currently does, and perhaps should call for 75W/85) or the GM and Tremec fluids are incorrectly too viscous for the TR6060 trans and we should be using ATF. Do you know which is the correct answer?

Nice that there is ambiguity where there should be clarity...UnknownJinX linked to the doc that says it all for me...

https://www.tremec.com/not_am_detall...mission-fluid/

The key selling feature of HP-MTF is that it is a product developed for TREMEC, validated by TREMEC, for use in TREMECs. It is intended to provide an ideal balance of protective qualities and shift performance. HP-MTF makes no claim to “outperform” other brands, only to offer assurance to customers that seek a high-quality product that is guaranteed to perform well in their TREMEC transmission.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote