Thread: Hellcat vs ZL1
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 01:07 AM   #47
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
For some reason all HC discussions are invariably directed at times from a dig or a roll...and hp...and nothing else.

They are never directed at track or touring discussions. I have read no less then 10 times the HC does what is was expressly intended to do (go fast in a straight line). As if the Z does not do its (triple threat) job at the strip, track or while touring. Huh.
I think it's a given that the HC has no chance on a road course or on a track. So if I say "hey guys I was on a road course and whupped a Hellcat", nobody would be surprised. Kinda like Mayweather beating McGregor...it was expected. However a roll-on or a drag race is more exciting because that is one area where it could go either way. So if I say "hey guys I did a 40 roll against a Challenger Hellcat and we were dead even", well that would be quite exciting. So it isn't really that we're ignoring the ZL1's strengths and playing to the HC's strengths while ignoring the HC's weaknesses and exploiting the ZL1's weakness. It's more that a straight line race is a level battle field and a road course is pretty much not even worth talking about.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote